Well today is the day that I'm not sure I can truly say it's one we've all been waiting for. It's been a long tough road for my niece Sally and she is ready for the next step. It will be the 1st of 4 surgeries. Today they are removing a big portion of her liver and tumors and then reconnecting her colon. She will be at the Mayo Clinic so that's always reassuring. The hardest part is the waiting from a distance. Well, I really don't have the hardest part. Sally does, but I'm sure you know what I mean. As of Monday, they didn't know what time her surgery was scheduled for. I spent about a half hour face timing with her. I said a few prayers to my brother and my mom last night. Needless to say, it was a restless night of sleep. I can't even imagine the anxiety my family is going through right now. They all were able to spend the day together yesterday. My sister, brother in law, nephew Joe, Sally's brother and her husband, Paul. Today is going to be a good day Sal E. Mander (my nick name for her). I love you to the moon and back and I can't wait to see you at Christmas.

True prayer brings us to the edge of a great mystery where we become inarticulate, where are knowledge fails.    ~Parker Palmer.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A little bit of sunshine on the cloudy days!

I don't even know where to begin....so I'll start by rambling on, as I usually do.